Do you love seafood? If so, you’re in for a treat when you visit San Diego’s newest sea-to-table dining establishment, Serẽa.
At our beautiful restaurant, which is located in the historic Hotel Del Coronado, you’ll be able to choose from a variety of environmentally friendly seafood dishes, including raw and cooked options.
But for a real treat that you won’t find anywhere else, check out our Big Fish menu. This special section of our menu is dedicated to the freshest catches, prepared simply, cooked to order, and delivered tableside. It’s the perfect way to enjoy the bounty of the sea in the San Diego region!
In this post, we’ll introduce you to this unique section of our menu, including how the Big Fish menu works, and how to order most effectively so that you can make the most of this unique dining experience.
What is Serẽa’s Big Fish Menu?
As you browse the menu at Serẽa, you’ll notice right away that the offerings focus heavily on sustainable seafood. Our coastal cuisine menu highlights the best of the region’s oceans, with most of our seafood sourced locally in southern California and Mexico.
While the menu offers a variety of seafood items, purists will love our Big Fish menu. This is where we offer simply prepared seafood that has been sourced from a variety of carefully chosen providers.
When you order from our Big Fish menu, you’re getting fresh-caught whole fish, which has been sourced locally and responsibly. We also offer lobster sourced from Maine. All of the items on the Big Fish menu are sold by the pound at market price.
How Does the Big Fish Menu Work?
Getting started: As you browse the menu, you’ll notice that the Big Fish menu contains two columns. You start by choosing your own adventure in terms of preparation.
First, you can choose from two types of preparation: grilled for flash-fried. From there, you’ll have a variety of different seafood options to choose from.
When you choose wood-grilled, the fish will be grilled over an open fire. The availability of items may depend on the season and what our fishermen have caught recently, but generally will include:
- Baja Striped Sea Bass from Ensenada, Mexico
- Vermilion Rock Cod from San Diego, CA
- Spot Prawns from San Diego, CA
- Lobster from Maine
When you choose flash-fried, the fish will be briefly fried and seasoned simply with olive oil, lemon, red wine vinegar, and salt. Once again, availability may vary depending on the time of year and what’s been caught, but generally this list will include:
- Blackgill Rockfish from San Diego
- Red Snapper from Baja, CA
- Gold Spotted Sea Bass from Baja, CA
How is the fish served? Don’t worry, we’ve done all the hard work for you. All fish is deboned, and served tableside.
How much should I order? We suggest ordering one pound per person.
Why You Should Try Serẽa’s Big Fish Menu
Here are some of the reasons why our Big Fish menu can’t be missed!
- Fresh is best! Ordering from the Big Fish menu gives you the opportunity to try the freshest catches, prepared simply. If you haven’t tried seafood like this, it’s really a dining experience unlike any other.
- Simple preparation. The simple, no-fuss preparation methods employed on this section of the menu really let the natural flavors of the seafood show through. Enjoy the delicious flavor of the ocean’s bounty!
- Only in San Diego. Locally sourced, fresh-caught fish from the San Diego region is a real treat that can’t necessarily be enjoyed in other parts of the country. Particularly if you’re visiting from out of town, you won’t want to miss the unique opportunity to try this only in San Diego dining experience!
Ready to Order?
Serẽa’s Big Fish menu offers diners the opportunity to enjoy a seafood experience unlike any other. If you love the flavor of fresh seafood, this is truly a must-try portion of our menu! We hope to see you soon at our San Diego restaurant so you can try the freshest catches.
We’re open daily at 5pm, and open at 11 on Saturday for lunch. Make a reservation today!
Have you ever tried fresh-caught seafood in San Diego?